A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Exciting New Planet Candidates
- The Exoplanet Hunt: the radial velocity method
- The Hill of the Telescopes
- The best sky in Europe: La Palma
- Formation of our Solar System
- Exploring the impacts of Planet Hunters TESS
- Planet or no Planet?
- Kepler vs. TESS
- More TESS Data and More Planets Waiting to be Found
- Data Reduction Guide
- Planet Hunters needs your feedback! Please complete our short survey to help us explore the impacts of Planet Hunte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- Are you ready to find some planets? The Sector 5 TESS data is now live on Planet Hunters TESS and the planets are w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- For the Swiss German speaking Planet Hunters out there, check out this discussion on the radio about volunteering,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Looking for a way to end a busy week? The Sector 4 data has arrived and we are ready to find more planets. Are you? zooniverse.org/projects/nora-… 3 months ago
- You classified all of the Sector 3 data in just a week! Thank you so much to everyone for helping us find exciting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago