A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Data Reduction Guide
- Initial Planet Candidates
- Planet Hunters TESS
- Planet Hunters: a new beginning!
- “ I wanted to contribute to the world of planetary science in a meaningful way”
- The Launch of TESS and Planet Hunters!
- “Without Planet Hunters, none of the subsequent discoveries would have been possible.”
- It all began with Planet Hunters
- Planet Hunter Jerry Green
- How old could alien civilizations be?
- Live press conference from the #AAS233 meeting including planet discoveries from @the_zooniverse's citizen scientis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- We've had over 1 million classifications in the first week of Planet Hunters TESS, thanks to our amazing volunteers… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- We've reached 900,000 classifications! Absolutely amazing classifying everyone! Can we reach a million by tomorrow?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- We've reached half a million classifications!! Thank you so much for everyone's amazing work! #planets #space #amazing 1 month ago
- We've got over 75,000 classifications already! Thank you so much for everyone's contributions - this is so awesome!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago