A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Planet or no Planet?
- Kepler vs. TESS
- More TESS Data and More Planets Waiting to be Found
- Data Reduction Guide
- Initial Planet Candidates
- Planet Hunters TESS
- Planet Hunters: a new beginning!
- “ I wanted to contribute to the world of planetary science in a meaningful way”
- The Launch of TESS and Planet Hunters!
- “Without Planet Hunters, none of the subsequent discoveries would have been possible.”
- Are you ready to find some planets? The Sector 5 TESS data is now live on Planet Hunters TESS and the planets are w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- For the Swiss German speaking Planet Hunters out there, check out this discussion on the radio about volunteering,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Looking for a way to end a busy week? The Sector 4 data has arrived and we are ready to find more planets. Are you? zooniverse.org/projects/nora-… 2 months ago
- You classified all of the Sector 3 data in just a week! Thank you so much to everyone for helping us find exciting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @planethunters: Planet Hunters TESS is back with more data! Can we classify all of the Sector 3 lightcurves by the end of the week? Happ… 2 months ago