A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Welcome to a new Planet Hunters!
- (no title)
- Planet Hunters TESS II: results from the first two years
- Light curve of the week: RR Lyrae
- Lightcurve of the week: reflection effect EB
- W-shaped dips in M-dwarf lightcurves
- A circumbinary Planet from TESS, with the help of Planet Hunters TESS
- Light curve of the week: EB
- Light curve(s) of the week: asteroid
- Light curve of the week: YSO?
- RT @morningireland: Calling all @planethunters out there🪐 @megschwamb told @Mary___Wilson how citizen astronomers can help find extrasolar… 6 hours ago
- RT @scsmith4: *squeaks in exoplanet glee* 6 hours ago
- RT @chrislintott: We're launching a new version of @planethunters today, searching through data from @NextGenTransits to find planets aroun… 6 hours ago
- RT @PenguinGalaxy: What a lovely idea! 1 day ago
- Want to learn about the tools astronomers use in their research? Subscribe to our YouTube channel, grab a cuppa, an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago