A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- “ I wanted to contribute to the world of planetary science in a meaningful way”
- The Launch of TESS and Planet Hunters!
- “Without Planet Hunters, none of the subsequent discoveries would have been possible.”
- It all began with Planet Hunters
- Planet Hunter Jerry Green
- How old could alien civilizations be?
- New Candidates from K2 from Planet Hunters and Their Nearest Neighbors
- Tabby’s Star
- Chambliss Amateur Achievement Award
- Planet Hunters – Paper VIII
- RT @the_zooniverse: Chat to the Zooniverse team live later today on Zooniverse Talk zooniverse.org/talk/688 Ask us anything! 1 year ago
- RT @the_zooniverse: Zooniverse Advent Calendar – Day 1: Image Competition daily.zooniverse.org/2016/12/01/zoo… https://t.co/t9oc2YLMpR 1 year ago
- RT @the_zooniverse: Call for Biomedical Projects on the Zooniverse daily.zooniverse.org/2016/11/17/cal… https://t.co/nM5OwerR7U 1 year ago
- RT @mrniaboc: A chance to help astronomers explore one of the biggest mysteries from @planethunters kickstarter.com/projects/60815… 2 years ago
- RT @the_zooniverse: 6 days left on the Bat Detective challenge and we're 25% of the way to our goal! Help us reach it at https://t.co/REMHH… 2 years ago