A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Happy Birthday PHT!
- Reach for the Stars
- First Validated PHT Planet!
- Planet Hunters: TESS results now on MAST
- Planet Hunters TESS gets a Makeover
- Exciting New Planet Candidates
- The Exoplanet Hunt: the radial velocity method
- The Hill of the Telescopes
- The best sky in Europe: La Palma
- Formation of our Solar System
- RT @AirborneGrain: Nice to see @planethunters and @EisnerNora in the news! space.com/amp/alien-plan… 3 months ago
- Planet Hunters TESS is back with the Sector 10 data, and this time with a brand new interface! See what you can fin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Don't panic! Planet Hunters is offline right now as we update to the new version of the site. This shouldn't take l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- Planet Hunters needs your feedback! Please complete our short survey to help us explore the impacts of Planet Hunte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- Are you ready to find some planets? The Sector 5 TESS data is now live on Planet Hunters TESS and the planets are w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago