A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Planet Hunter NGTS at the UK Exoplanet Meeting 2022
- Planet Hunters NGTS: More detail on our first four Planet Candidates
- Planet Hunters NGTS: Potential Planet Candidates
- Planet Hunters NGTS: NI Science Festival
- Triple star system found via Planet Hunters TESS
- Planet Hunters NGTS German Translation
- False Positives: W-shaped transits
- Planet Hunters NGTS: Metadata
- U- or V-shaped dip? How to spot the difference?
- The Next Generation Transit Survey needs you
- RT @NASAExoplanets: Science makes our hearts pitter patter. Listen to the rapid beat of HD 31901, a Delta Scuti star in the southern conste… 6 hours ago
- RT @NASAExoplanets: Happy Friday, friends🔥 How about some flair? Posters, wallpapers and backgrounds are there for you at https://t.co/fJvd… 1 day ago
- RT @TESSatMIT: 🚨 TESS data alert! All Sector 54 data are on @MAST_News and Sector 55 (the last Year 4 sector!) is in progress 🖥️ 1 day ago
- RT @DoNASAScience: If you enjoy #CitizenScience, you may also enjoy the @NASA_SpaceApps challenge. Participants use free/open NASA data to… 1 day ago
- RT @exo_cast: Did you miss some of summer's most interesting (exo)planetary news? Then don't worry - this month's news episode has you cove… 1 day ago