A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Planet Hunters NGTS: NI Science Festival
- Triple star system found via Planet Hunters TESS
- Planet Hunters NGTS German Translation
- False Positives: W-shaped transits
- Planet Hunters NGTS: Metadata
- U- or V-shaped dip? How to spot the difference?
- The Next Generation Transit Survey needs you
- More about Planet Hunters NGTS
- Welcome to a new Planet Hunters!
- (no title)
- RT @NASAExoplanets: We've discovered more than 5,000 planets beyond our solar system – so far. Meet some of the weirdest in our Strange New… 19 hours ago
- RT @NASAWebb: Cloudy with a chance of...diamonds? 💎 Uranus and Neptune have such extreme conditions that carbon atoms could be crushed int… 1 day ago
- RT @DoNASAScience: Ever wonder whether an asteroid near our planet might get a little *too* close? The OpenSpace visualization software, fu… 1 day ago
- RT @NASAExoplanets: Planets with diamonds in their atmospheres?! It sounds crazy, but we also know of exoplanets with the ingredients for r… 1 day ago
- RT @DoNASAScience: We are all made of stardust!?! Learn how stars forge our bodies' building blocks, how the @NASARoman Space Telescope wil… 2 days ago