A Citizen Science Win
With all the news coverage about “Tatooine” orbiting two stars, we were very excited to learn that in that most wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Planet Hunters Talk site, citizen scientist kianjin spotted Kepler-16! Kianjin even figured out that it must be a planet orbiting a double star.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
This is the blog for the online citizen science project Planet Hunters . We're asking for your help looking for planets around other stars.
- Planet Hunters NGTS: Potential Planet Candidates
- Planet Hunters NGTS: NI Science Festival
- Triple star system found via Planet Hunters TESS
- Planet Hunters NGTS German Translation
- False Positives: W-shaped transits
- Planet Hunters NGTS: Metadata
- U- or V-shaped dip? How to spot the difference?
- The Next Generation Transit Survey needs you
- More about Planet Hunters NGTS
- Welcome to a new Planet Hunters!
- Tonight's sturgeon moon coincides with the peak of the Perseid meteor shower! ☄️ twitter.com/SPACEdotcom/st… 15 hours ago
- RT @NASAExoplanets: What happens after a supergiant star blows its top? Betelgeuse briefly dimmed and now is recovering after blowing off a… 15 hours ago
- RT @DoNASAScience: Look up and enjoy the Perseid Meteor Shower for the next few nights! Meteor showers come from comets, and you can actual… 16 hours ago
- RT @exo_cast: 🚨Exocast-62b is out now!🚨 This month the team are joined by @NASAWebb Deputy Project Scientist for Exoplanet Science Dr. Kni… 21 hours ago
- RT @NASAExoplanets: 💃🏾Everybody dance now!🕺🏽 6,000 light-years away, 4 planets are locked in a rhythmic dance around their star. For every… 1 day ago